Re: [hylafax-users] sambafax and multiple page documents

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:03:37 +0100, you wrote:

>I've also noticed that printing seems to create two files in
>/var/spool/samba, one of which contains only "%!". I had tried using Adobe's
>postscript printing driver which seemed to eliminate this, but I've reverted
>to the vanilla Windows driver to do this testing and so the dual file
>creation has returned.

I made a quick test with apple laserwriter 16/600 on win98 from wordperfect.

It will always produce (looking in /var/spool7samba)  1 postscript file with all
the 2 pages.
If I use "postscript = yes" in smb.conf the file will have %! added (as the man
page says):
%!
%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Title: Corel Office Document             [PFP#811354788]
%%Creator: PSCRIPT.DRV versione 4.0
%%CreationDate: 08/16/01 16:19:48

try taking out "postscript = yes", and looking with a text editor inside the
file to see if it has weird characters; mine have just plain text (and the
obvious ^M for dos cr+lf at line end).

>I tried all the different postscript formats and in each case it said
>"PostScript document text"
an eps is very similar:
PostScript document text conforming at level 3.0 - type EPS

--
giulioo@pobox.com