Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with WHFC

Hi,

we had the same problem with SuSE Linux 6.4, Hylafax 4.1 beta 2 and WHFC 1.0.7. It showed up, that the Windows-Client running WHFC was not properly registered in our DNS-server (the backward-resolution gave a wrong name) - so we had the following situation: hylafax asked for a name with the given client-IP-address, then used that name for security reasons to resolve it to the corresponding IP - and that didn't work. We fixed the wrong entry in DNS and it worked without problems.

Christoph.

Cid R Andrade schrieb:

I have Hylafax 4.0 / Conectiva Linux 5 / kernel 2.2.14. My Windows client use WHFC 1.0.7.It works perfectly.But today, my windows users compose a document, print at fax printer, fill up the fax number and...... I receive a error message: "FaxServer.catnet.com.br (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl2) ready" I click "OK" and receive another error message: "user faxuser logged in" O click "OK" another time and receive one more: "PORT command successful" After that, the WHFC have the message "No status available". If a use a prompt command the fax works propertly.Someone can help me? What´s it?