[hylafax-users] R: semi automatic fax switch question

Hi Rob,
thanks for your reply:

[...]

> You are doing it right. It's probably a Comshare or some other low
quality
> faxswitch. They never seem to do waht they are supposed to do.
>
> The way it should work with a semi-auto mode is:
> put the phone number you want to fax to in your auto dialer (like
normal),
> then type in ,,,*
> so your string should be for example 217-337-0965,,,*
>
> This should work but if it doesn't you might try to reprogram the
switch
> for
> some other access code other than *, Maybe the switch needs a *2 or a
*3
> instead of just a *. Try it. Maybe it will work.

As you can read in my e-mail I'm trying to SEND a fax and in the
specific case I have got no control over the receiving part.

What I'm surprised about is why the mechanism of adding ",,,*", that you
confirmed correct, didn't work.
Unfortunately I was not able to send the fax using another "normal" fax
machine, so I cannot assert if the problem was on the other side.

Bye and thanks!
Fabrizio