[hylafax-users] Recovering from modem power loss

Hello.

I am running HylaFAX v4.1 on a machine which is on an Uninterruptable Power
Supply (UPS).  HylaFAX is servicing an external modem for fax I/O, a modem
which not on the UPS (due to lack of unused UPS outlets).

I have noticed that there is a considerable amount of modem I/O on faxgetty
startup.  Presumably the modem is being configured in some way.  My concern
is that a power failure will reset the modem without faxq/hfaxd/faxgetty
being aware of it.  When the power is restored the modem will come back up
in it's default state - not the state configured by faxgetty.  An incoming
fax will not find the modem in a state suitable for acting as a fax machine.

Can anyone suggest a method of insuring that modem/faxgetty communications
will be maintained in the face of a power failure?

Thanks.