Re: [hylafax-users] Mass faxing with HylaFAX

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2001 09:27 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I'm planning on installing a mass faxing server on my Red Hat Linux 7
> (Intel) and I understand that you're an expert in this area so I am hoping
> you can help me with a few questions.

i hope so
> 1)  How many modems can I install on a Linux box?  What do I need to
> install more than two modems if I only have 2 serial ports?
you need a additional serial card e.g a vscomm with 8 ports
(there are multiple serial cards on the market, just get one that
 runs under linux)
2)  There is a
> list of recommended modems on HylaFAX's home page, but is there any modems
> you recommend for mass faxing?
I'm using Multitech and elsa modems
3)  How do you enter the big list of phone
> numbers?  Do you use a script with a file of comma-delimited phone numbers?
my prgs are generating these lists
> 4)  What kind of problems should I watch for and will probably run into?

set the defaultkilltime to at least now+72hours
depending on the amount of faxes you wanna sent
> Thank you so much,
> Steven

HIH

matthias
--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599