[hylafax-users] Need HylaFAX API or info to write HylaFAX client

Hello,

I have a faxback application.  Currently, my program performs a
fork+exec on the
provided HylaFAX client (sendfax).  This forkexec is causing some
problems
related to a paranoid licencing scheme of some software that I have to
use.

What I have decided is to incorporate a HylaFAX client in my C program
(sendfax is written in C++).  I need some tips and pointers on how to
write a simple -sending only- client to HylaFAX.  It looks that I will
need
to open a FIFO and write to it, if I am running on the same machine as
the server, right?  Over the net, I will need to talk to the HylaFAX
port 4559.

Where are the HylaFAX server specs (i.e. valid commands understood by
the server) documented?

In the future, I would like to add paging capabilities to my program, so

corresponding instructions related to 'sendpage' are welcome, too.

Thanks in advance,

-Ramon F. Herrera

OS: Linux and SCO