Re: [hylafax-users] remote clients cannot send fax

At 12:11 PM 7/18/01 +0800, alex@iwebpacific.com wrote:

>I've installed hylafax-4.1-1 rpm on my redhat 7.1 .
>I have edited etc/hosts.hfaxd and added the ip addresses of the remote
>clients.
>
>When the remote client use sendfax to starts a fax job, it get a
>response "425 Cannot build data connection: No route to host."
>I can use sendfax without any problems in the server machine locally.
>Did I miss somethings to allow remote faxing??

I'm not saying that this is the issue at hand, but RedHat 7.1 comes default
with firewalling enabled, and you must specify in the configuration which
ports to allow through.  You must specify port 4559 for hfaxd.

/usr/sbin/setup will get you there.

Lee.