Re: [hylafax-users] Disparities between HylaFAX on FreeBSD and Linux

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:01:06 +0300, you wrote:

>Giulio> I may have all email-to-fax submitted as user email2fax, with "from"  addresses
>Giulio> all different.
>Giulio> hosts.faxd makes check on uid (email2fax) and originating hosts.
>In my case then it seems I need a way to let the MTA extract the user to
>use from the e-mail address submitting the fax???
something like that.
However, I think I would implement this allow/deny at the MTA level not at the
HylaFAX level, so that you should not worry about hosts.hfaxd anymore.

>Giulio> you'll see
>Giulio> notify:when done
>
>Okay. Does it seem practical from the transport I use to substitute
>sendfax for faxmail??
If you loon at the source code, faxmail/* for the examples of other MTA you see
you can use faxmail only, or pipe faxmail to sendfax

ie (qmail example)
/local/fax/bin/faxmail | /local/fax/bin/sendfax \
        -f "$SENDER" \
        -d "$EXT2@`/usr/bin/expr \"$HOST\" : '\(.*\)\.fax$'`"

--
giulioo@pobox.com