Re: [hylafax-users] Disparities between HylaFAX on FreeBSD and Linux

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:24:25 +0300, you wrote:

>configure HylaFAX on FreeBSD and Linux. For example there is no hyla.conf
>in FreeBSD but there is one in Linux. Is this a design issue or something
>that can be attributed to the guy who made the port on FreeBSD? I cannot
By default, no hyla.conf is created by a source installations on any os.
Linux has hyla.conf because the packager adds it when building the rpm. So you
get hyla.conf on linux only when using rpm installation.
However, the hyla.conf is not created because it's necessary, but just as a way
to help users, since manual pages aften talks about it.

>say I've managed to grab the tarball and compile it in FreeBSD. It has
>always failed so I've stuck to building it from the ports tree.
>I am only saddened that there is not much support for HylaFAX on FreeBSD
Try filing a bug in bugs.hylafax.org

>IMHO, the namings should not matter, if the source is the same. So what is
>the equivalent of hyla.conf in FreeBSD?? I want to limit those who can
The equivalent is a file named the same way, hyla.conf, the path is dependent on
how HylaFAX is configured. By default should be in the same dir where hfaxd.conf
is located.

>1. where do I tell HylaFAX (tm) that the users listed in fileX are the
>only ones allowed to access the service? I mean in FreeBSD??
This seems like an issue with FAXSPOOLDIR/etc/hosts.hfaxd, more than hyla.conf.
man hosts.hfaxd man faxadduser/faxdeluser

>2. How do a tell HylaFAX that I want it to send success notifications to
>the people who submitted faxes? I use faxmail to pass the messages to the
>server in this way:
>command ="/usr/local/bin/faxmail -d $local_part ${sender_address} $h_subject"

When someone sends a email-to-fax, and you look at sendq/qXX, what email address
do you see inside?

--
giulioo@pobox.com