Re: [hylafax-users] multi-modems solution

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:26:24 +0100, you wrote:

>requests in resources. Trying to keep the costs low i consider the use of
>USB modems. They are cheap and we can attach a significant number of them
>avoiding the problem of pci modems(the infamous winmodems) and search for
>pci cards with serial ports, with one port per card :( . So, i'm asking for
>solutions that each of you have implemented and/or if anyone has sucessed
>using USB modems. For this modems i consider MultiTech. They work without
>problems and the USB came with Lucent chipset who could turn the problem

see
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevices.php3?id=14
I was a bit discouraged when I did a research on usb modems a while ago.

As for multiport, there's been a discussion on the list and it seems they worked
well and some of them are cheap. Search for "brooktrout" here:
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2001-07/threads.html

--
giulioo@pobox.com