Re: [hylafax-users] [soleil] Fax Gateway with Exim

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 11:45:00AM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> In my situation, I'd like to setup multiple servers located at
> different sites and I only want each server to send faxes to local
> numbers. So what I am looking for is something like this.

"Network" Least Cost Routing.

I'm not sure you can do that withot external mangling.

> Since all users use smtp.wananchi.com as their SMTP server, I
> would like to configure this box to know that mail addressed to
> fax-123456@fax1.wananchi.com is a local mail, strip out the number
> 123456 from the address and invoke faxmail.

You could probably do that, yes.

> On the very top of all this, 1. it would be a nice idea to have my own
> custom coverpage sent with the faxes, 2. I'll love to have accounting
> details processed.
>
> I've been running a cell for TPC style faxing and it sends usage
> reports. I know it it's possible to setup billing with the TPC
> configuration but I'd also love to have the same in this setup.

I was just about to say "TPC", and you beat me to it.  Can't you steal
*its* solutions to these problems?  I'm not intimately familiar with
them, but they sound at least roughly compatible with what you're trying
to do...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows