Re: [hylafax-users] sendfax problem!!!!!!!

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 02:44:15PM +0530, SHAILENDRA S MEHTA wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I have setup hylafax now on other machine where mgetty is not installed.
> Still the same problem occurs.
> Job can be seen in sendq directory but neither faxq shows it nor
> modem does any transmission.

Hmmm...

> I think problem is the hfaxd configuration.
> I have not done any changes in default hfaxd.conf file.
> Can you tell me what are the changes required for that file?

If you ran faxsetup and faxaddmodem, and maybe put faxgetty in /etc/inittab
*as is suggested in the howto* :-), then your basic configuration
should be done; certainly far enough that you should see dialage.

I'd recommend, as a first step, reading through that excellent HOWTO
document Lee's prepared, and see if you spot anything amiss.

This is good advice for *all* first time HylaFAX setter-uppers; hell
*I* do it, and I've done 8 or 10 installs...

http://www.hylafax.org/howto/

Check though it, and if it gives you no help, get back to us (in a
message itemizing your hardware and software configurations in detail).

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows