Re: [hylafax-users] Timeout error

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Matthias Reich wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2001 16:16 schrieb Claus Bendtsen:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to use hylafax for sending a couple of hundred faxes. However -
> > the jobs expire after about 3 hours and the uncompleted (or rather
> > unattempted) faxes bounce. I've tried using the killtime parameter (in
> > hfaxd.conf as KillTime: "now +72 hours") without success - but as I
> > understand it from the documentation the killtime only applies to jobs
> > that has been attempted. How do I increase the timeout?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Claus
> >
> Hi Claus,
>
> as far as I understand the doc the killtime is only applied to jobs that
> are *NOT YET* in the queue.
> So, when you changed KillTime in hfaxd.conf every job submitted thereafter
> will have the assigned killtime.
>
> (p.s. I do not exactly know, if you have to restart hylfax after changing the
> killtime parameter)

Yes - I've both restarted and resubmitted the jobs - with no change in
behaviour. This makes me believe that the killtime is not the right
parameter. From the manual:

Kill the job if it does not complete in the indicated time.  As for the -a
option, the time is specifed using notation compatible with at(1).  Note
that the time is relative to the time of the initial transmission attempt.
The default kill time is ``now + 3 hours'' (three hours from the time the
job is first processed).  To retry for an hour, ``now +1 hour'' could be
used.

So how is "initial transmission attempt" defined? I believe that my jobs
expire before the initial transmission attempt.

> HIH
>
> hilsner fra tyskland

I lige måde

--