Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] Re: Re: Re: Distinctive ring & cid

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:31:02AM -0400, Network wrote:
> > I don't think we're on the same page here.
> > Yes, it only answers what you tell it to.
> > It may only *log data* from RingFax calls, though.  If you're using
> > both RingFax and RingVoice to allow you to specify both strings, then
> > you might expect this.
>
> Our set-up is ....
> One phone line with primary and secondary numbers (one pair of wires)
> hylafax is configured to only answer/pick-up on the secondary line via,
> RingFax:                RING1
> However. hylafax will and faithfully does log cnid data from the primary
> number/ring -and- will *not* see/log any cnid data from the secondary number
> which hylafax answers in order to receive a fax.  We also use hylafax to send
> faxes :))  That's all we use hylafax for.  Nothing else.

Ok.  I suspect, but cannot prove without checking, that FaxGetty
wouldn't log the CNID for any call it wasn't going to answer.

Try *changing* RingFax to RING2, restarting everything, and seeing if
you now get CNID logged only on *that* ring's calls.

> > If, OTOH, you're reconfiguring RingFax between calls and restarting
> > everything, then the problem will be somewhere else.
>
> OTOH=  (what?)

On The Other Hand.

> > If you connect to the modem, and call the modem with each ring, only
> > one produces the modem CNID messages?
>
> Eureka!!  that's exactly what I've been saying  :-)  Or, thought I was saying.

See above.

> > > We're not trying to use QualifyCID. We need all CID info to be logged
> > > via syslogd
> >
> > Into the *syslog*?  I don't know that you can get there from here.  I
> > think it only logs it in the comm logs, by default.  I don't have
> > CNID either.  Anyone?
>
> Yes :)  With the following in my config.cuaa1
> ServerTracing:          1
> SessionTracing:         0xff
> CNID/cid, in my case name & number are logged via syslogd.  Works like a true
> champion.

Yeah, so Lee clarified for me.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows