Re: [hylafax-users] 550 /recvq/fax00003.tif: Operation not permitted.

Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com> writes:

> >RETR /recvq/fax00003.tif
> >but I get
> >550 /recvq/fax00003.tif: Operation not permitted.
>
> I'm not the hfaxd wizard, but it seems to me that the command should be:
>
> RETR recvq/fax00003.tif
>
> without the leading slash.

I found out what command to run by straceing the hfaxd process while
it was talking to a client (Cypheus,
http://www.urania.com/cypheus/cyhome_e.htm) so I think it's
correct. Also, if I run without the slash, the error message says the
file is nonexistent instead of not permitted.

We've kind of solved the problem by setting the access mode of the
file to 666 and _then_ restart the hfaxd process. Strange. I was under
the impression that 600 (owned by the same user that runs the hfaxd
process) would be enough.

Regards,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg, Cendio Systems AB. Phone: 013-290 863