Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

>On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:29:22 -0700, you wrote:

>>You are right. Somehow I read somewhere that I need an entry in
>/etc/inittab
>>to spawn faxgetty. I added it and turned out that there is a
>>/etc/init.d/hylafax file too. Now delete my entry in the inittab.

>You need both: init.d/hylafax to start hfaxd and faxq, and then either
>faxgetty in inittab or faxmodem by hand

>>Short question: what is the difference between faxgetty and faxmodem?

>faxgetty is always alive and so HylaFAX always knows the state of the
>modem. faxmodem just tells to HylaFAX "there's a modem on that port" then
>HylaFAX ignores the modem until it needs it.
>see man pages for more detailed info
>--
>giulioo@pobox.com

Ok, I put back the "t2:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty modem" in my
inittab and reboot. I sent a fax through whfc from my NT box, nothing
happened except it seems to be delivered to the fax server on linux. No
email message back to me. It seems it just sitting in the sendq on my linux
machine. The faxstat still reports "waiting modem to come ready". Any method
to rush the sending or "waiting modem to come ready" will make it wait
forever?

Thanks

Bing