Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax fonts

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 04:45:21PM +0300, stelios wrote:
> I am having a problem with hylafax's fonts when I use faxmail I want to use
> greek fonts .
> I did it and I can now send when I use the outlook express using the
> user@fax-number.FAX but when I submmit my emails- fax from a little client
> java program I have created The fonts are not displayed correctly . I am not
> sure but I think that the hyla.conf file I created is not working properly

Ok.  It *sounds* like you're saying that faxmail (which is to say
textfmt, since that's what does that work [I think]) correctly converts
your Greek text when you send the mail to it from Outlook, but not when
you send the mail to it from your own mail client program, correct?

If this is the case, I'd suspect that the mail doesn't look right when
you create it.  I'd send one message to it from each side, with a
carbon to your own mail account, and look at the carbons with full
headers.  I suspect you'll find something is missing that faxmail is
using to get things right... but I have to admit that I'm surprised
that faxmail is correctly dealing with the Greek stuff in the first
place; I thought textfmt was ISO-8859-1 only.  If not ASCII only.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows