Re: [hylafax-users] Speeding hylafax

On Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:38:53 +0200, you wrote:

>Basically, I'd like some mechanism to put the busy faxes at the end of the list,
>so all other faxes are tried and the busy ones left at the end.
>Maybe decreasing the priority (+1) of a job each time it's busy would do it.

I've just seen that now HylaFAX seem to do the opposite, that is it increases
the priority of failed attempts. The given explanation is good for normal faxes,
maybe not for bulk faxing.

=== faxQueueApp.c++
/*
     * Bump the job priority so the retry will get processed
     * before new jobs.  We bound the priority to keep it within
     * a fixed ``range'' around it's starting priority.  This
     * is intended to keep jobs in different ``classifications''
     * from conflicting (e.g. raising a bulk-style fax up into
     * the priority range of a non-bulk-style fax).
     */
    if (JOBHASH(job.pri-1) == JOBHASH(req->usrpri))
        job.pri--;
===

So, if the thread starter had this problem, he can try commenting out that
instruction or chaging it to
job.pri++;

--
giulioo@pobox.com