Re: [hylafax-users] fax modem

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 11:52:12AM -0800, Dean Mercer wrote:
> Somebody suggested the MultiTech MT2834ZDX.  I have been so happy since I
> installed this modem....class 2 just works.  So now I can send high quality
> faxes reliably...which was not working before this modem

<irony>
That was me.  And since then, they've convinced me that Class 1 works
*better*... though that's still the most reliable modem I've found.
</irony>

I haven't switched this one to class 1 yet, but it's been doing ~1200
faxes a week for the last 3 months solid, with about a 8% error rate,
much of which is ad fax numbers, and I think we've bounced the modem,
maybe, twice?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink