Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with dialcom modem (fwd)

At 08:32 PM 3/28/01 +0200, =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Jeney_G=E1bor?= wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>
>> Well, we'd hate to feel like murderers...
>
>You are great man, you have saved my life! ;-) You are a real GURU!
>
>> I'll bet *cash* the problem is flowcontrol.
>
>You won. But I still do not understand lots of things. E.g. if I include
>only the line

The bigger problem here is that 'faxaddmodem' either wasn't executed or
wansn't executed properly (i.e. the slew of questions were answered
incorrectly - defaults never work).  You'd be best to work out a proper
config file.

>ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd: "<xon>"

This should be:
ModemAnswerFaxBeginCmd:	ATA
in most cases.

>and I do not change anything else, then nothing happens. But if I change
>the general flow control to xonxoff
>
>ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff
>
>then it works. I am not a modem expert, but as far as I know in case of
>data connections, it is advisable to use crtcts, am I right? But this
>setup uses xonxoff all the time, does it? How could I config then the
>hylafax to swith to crtcts in case of data connections?

ModemFlowControl:	rtscts

>The second strange thing in my eyes is the &K commands of the modem. These
>are the following:
>
> &K0 disable flow control -> nothing extreme
> &K3 bidirectional hardware flow control (crtcts) -> I understand this
> &K4 software flow control (xonxoff) -> it is clear
> &K5 transparent (modem-modem) xonxoff software flow control --> ???? <--+
> &K6 bidirectional hardware (crtcts) and software (xonxoff) flow control-+
>
>Could I make use of the latter two? If yes, then how?

Edit your config file.

Lee.