Re: [hylafax-users] Problems with whfc (and Cypheus) on Win2k Server

Karim 'Kasi Mir' Senoucci wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> today, I had the doubious pleasure of getting a Hylafax-based fax system
> to work in a LAN full of Win2k server installations (used as
> Workstations), plus one NT 4.0 Workstation machine. I had configured
> Hylafax and whfc before, but only for use on Win9x machines, where I
> never encountered any problems with the client.
>
> On the NT/Win2k machines, however, I haven't gotten them to work yet. No
> matter what I do, I always end up wuith the same problem - the whfc
> client locks up!
>
> I installed the whfc under the Administrator user with no problems
> whatsoever. Thereafter I configure the System and user prferences to
> match one of the users in the hosts.hfaxd file. At first glance, this
> seems to work, as I get a "Connected to: server.bla.fasel running..."
> line in the lower right part of the window border. However, the system
> is unable to report the modem status (there is a "no Status
> available" line where the status should be), even though Hylafax is up
> an running fine, and the modem is running and idle, according to faxstat
> on the linux-based fax server. Furthermore, the whfc client locks up,
> I can't press any buttons or the into any menu anymore. The only thing
> I can do is to abort the programm via the Task manager.

Hi,

i don't think this is a problem of the different windows versions.
WHFC runs fine on Windows 98/NT/2000. This looks more like a DNS
or routing problem. Check that reverse mapping of the DNS works
propperly and see the WHFC FAQ topic "I get a message
"ERROR:WSAENOTSOCK"
or WHFC hangs".

Uli
--