Re: [hylafax-users] Multiple pager in one session

At 04:14 PM 3/16/01 -0600, Carlos Azcarate wrote:
>I have the hylafax up and running very fine. It works just as needed except
>for a little detail:
>
>My system generates hundreds of messages for pager by hour, and every page
>means a dial-up,send one,hang-up routine with the same pager services
>provider.  This means that a pager message keeps in queue for as long as 20
>minutes ( I've fixed the KillTimeMap to allow this ). Is there a way I can
>use to make the system ( pagesend ) dial-up, send-many, hang-up ?

This would equate to the same concept as fax-batching (sending multiple fax
jobs per one call, including sending fax jobs queued after the call began).
 Currently HylaFAX does not support fax-batching, and so I doubt that
page-batching is supported, either.

The problem is that in order to do that right, the sending routines need to
be multi-threaded, and HylaFAX isn't.  Although, I can think of ways to do
this without multi-threading, but definately, it's an inferior design.

Multi-threading HylaFAX would help out in a number of other places -
so if you feel up to it ;-)

Lee.