Re: [hylafax-users] Need some help,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 04:57:11PM -0500, Ali Ghaharbeighi wrote:
> Using Redhat 7.0 and the HylaFAX RPM.
> When I run faxsetp, it is complaining that
> /bin/egetty and /bin/vgetty don't exist,
> and: Make /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax a link to
> /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax.gs
> I beleive some of my problems with using a Windows clinet
> goes back to this missing programs.

Well, probably not.  And didn't you ask us this about 4 days back?
Your posting style looks fairly familiar, but perhaps it was someone
else...

As the message also says -- and admittedly, parts of it scrool too fast
for comfort -- "if you're not planning to use these programs (or don't
know what they are) you can ignore this warning.

> Is anyone using Redhat 7.0 with WHFC windows client?
> What I would like to know, if there is a howto that
> shows me step by step to configure these things.
> I have no problem sending or receiving faxes by using the
> command line, the problem is: as soon as I want to try to
> use WHFC, I have the famous conversion problem and my faxes
> won't never go.
> I can see the incoming faxes with WHFC no problem with
> a tiff reader.

You don't mention *which* HylaFAX RPM you're using, but I'm not sure
there was ever an RH7 RPM that should exhibit the "dreaded libtiff
incompatibility" (ie: having been built for systems with libtiff 3.5.4
or earlier), so unless your RH7 resulted from an upgrade, that
*shouldn't* be your problem...

But if it *only* happens from WHFC, that's probably not it anyway.

Is your windows print driver set to optimize for portability, rather
than speed?

Cheers,
-- jra

Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink