Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax and network(Canon GP-335) modems?

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 10:38:35AM +0100, Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> Hi We have a number of Canon GP-335 printers/fax devices(actually
> one on each floor of t he building) and we would like use Hylafax to
> adminstrer all this....
>
> However I cannot find any support for Network modems within Hylafax
> Anyone knows whether this is possible ?

HylaFAX's faxgetty and faxsend (as I seem to say about once a week :-)
require a faxmodem that looks like (if it is, in fact, not) an AT
command set modem on a physical serial port with hardware handshaking
control (well, for things like carrier detect, and DTR, if not flow
control).

If you have a way to make your devices look like that, you're fine.

If not, and I suspect you don't, then you can't use those devices
without doing some work.

Cheers,
-- jr 'by which I mean writing code' a
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink