[hylafax-users] ./configure quits (stalls?) on Solaris 5.7

I've downloaded both the beta and previous 4.0p2 versions of HylaFax.
Executing a ./configure in the root directory, gives the same results for
both versions: configure seems to stall. This is what's in the log file:

------cut here---------
Tue Mar  6 23:58:07 GMT 2001

This file contains information that was captured from running the configure
script.  Lines that begin with a "+" are command lines echoed by the
shell.  Other lines are the output of commands; usually the contents of
test case files or the output from compilers.  If configure does the
wrong thing, use the information captured here to aid in debugging.

+ . ./config.site
TARGET: sparc-sun-solaris2.7
RELEASE: 5.7
+ cat dummy.c
main(int argc, char* argv) { exit(0); }
+ cat xgnu.c
#ifdef __GNUC__
yes;
#endif
+ gcc -E xgnu.c
+ egrep yes
------cut here---------

I've looked through the mailing list archive, but could find nothing
germane to this condition. Can anyone give some guidance?

Thank you, very much.

-Robert

  Robert Cessaro,Ph.D.      _______  ___________    _    ______ __
  91-270 Ft. Weaver Rd.    /  __   \/__   ____  \  / \  /  ___/
  Ewa Beach, HI 96706     /  /__/  /  /  /    \  \/   \/  /
  808-689-8207X304 (Ofc.)/  ____PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER*
  808-689-4543 (fax)    /  /        /  /        \   .   . \___
  808-685-3689 (home)  /  /________/  /__________\_/_\_/_\___/____
  808-291-6805 (cell.) \__________________________________________
             ___            e-mail: cessaro@ptwc.noaa.gov
            /   \
  ,________/     \         Thunder is good, thunder is impressive;
   \               \       but it is lightning that does the work.
    |    O A H U   \                      -Mark Twain
     <       /\       --|  Never confuse motion for action.
       \    \  /         \                -Ernest Hemingway
                  \_/