Re: [hylafax-users] Outlook and SMTP

Pedro_Rocadas/CREDITUS/PT%CREDITUS@creditus.pt writes:

> Hi. Locally i can send emails to the fax addr "user@123.fax"(accordinto to
> http://www.hylafax.org/howto/clients/sendmail-faxmail-mangling.html). Is
> anyone out there who implemented this to use Outlook? I think i need to add
> the extra line in sendmail.cf in the rulesets for SMTP. Is this correct?
> Thnaks

There is no need for extra lines, as long as there is in ruleset 0 the
fax domain is defined

R$+ < @ $+ .FAX. >      $#fax $@ $2 $: $1               user@host.FAX

and you have defined a Mailer Fax

#####  @(#)fax.m4       8.11 (Berkeley) 5/19/1998  #####
Mfax,           P=/usr/bin/faxmail, F=DFMhu, S=14, R=24, M=100000, T=X-Phone/X-FAX/X-Unix,
                A=faxmail -d -n -p 12pt $u@$h $f

Is on your linux-box HylaFAX and sendmail running ?
If sendmail is running on a different machine than HylaFAX you should
setup a fax-relay.

Regards
Dieter
--