Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with soimes fax machines

At 11:41 AM 10/19/00 GMT, Claude DEVISE wrote:
>Soft : Hylafax fax server 4.1
>O.S. : Suse Linux 6.3
>Modem : U.S. Robotics External 56k (FaxModem), Class 2.0

Generally speaking, it would be better to run USR modems in Class 1.

I haven't had the severity of problems with Class 1 as I did with Class 2.0
with my USR modem.  However, I still have had a fair amount of problems
(all less severe), but I think that my analog phone lines are *very* noisy,
and my long distance calls often seem to suffer some degree of problems
because of it.

Also, saying hylafax-4.1 is quite vague, as I know of at least 3 different
SuSE binaries that fit that description.

Lee.