Re: [hylafax-users] whfc and the 'priority' parameter

"Bodo Noering" <bn@urania.com> writes:

> > > whfc itselve does not have the possibility to set job
> > priorities and AFAIK
> > > there is no possibility to preset job priorities whithout
> > existing users
> > > on HylaFAX.
> >
> > You are wrong. JPARM SCHEDPRI.
>
> I didn't find the value range of SCHEDPRI in man pages.
> I guess: 0-65536 -> 0 = highest priority
> Right?

No. 0-255. It's documented in sendfax(1):

[---cut---]
 -P priority Assign the specified  scheduling  priority  to
             subsequent  jobs.   A  priority  is an integer
             value in  the  range  [0-255].   Lower  values
             result  in  higher  priority  processing.   By
             default, each job is assigned 127 for an  ini-
             tial scheduling priority.  A job's priority is
             raised (numerically lowered) for  each  failed
             attempt   to   transmit   so  that  retransmit
             attempts are done  ahead  of  newly  submitted
             jobs.   The  priority may also be specified as
             one of the following symbolic  names:  default
             or  normal  (127),  bulk  or  junk (207), high
             (63).

(of course, symbolic names are not supported for JPARM SCHEDPRI)

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry