Re: [hylafax-users] E-mail to fax gateway for Hylafax?

The mail to fax gateway described is limited to users that use the sendmail
server as their first mail-gateway, usually only local users.
I hate altering the configuration of sendmail too and have been looking for
a way to fax a mailmessage from anywhere on the net. Just this morning i
succeeded for the first time.

It is based upon creating an faxgateway user on my server, who (using
procmail) accepts messages and uses faxmail to convert incoming messages and
send them out as faxes. The transport of the faxnumber is the difficult
thing because i did not want to go throug laborous scripting and i wanted to
make use of the default faxmail functionality that already defines a To,
From, Subject and date field taken directly from the incoming mail.

I found that the following syntax is allowed througout the mailservers in
the world:
   faxrelay+extrainfo@machine.domain.bla
where faxrelay is the faxgateway user on your server, the + is a separation
symbol and the extrainfo can be used to hold a faxnumber.

Give me another few days and i'll post the entire working description.

-Ignace