Re: [hylafax-users] Faxing from Samba

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:26:52 +0300, you wrote:

>It must be familiar. Having setup as Paul Franz explained, Apple
>Laserwriter printer driver for \\ServerName\faxlp, now I want to send a
>fax to a local number which on the phone I would dial 222636 (I do not
>need Country and Area codes).
>I've read the writeup but I seem to miss a point...where,at the end of the
>process of making the faxdoc do I insert the fax number? It's just one of
AFAIK, the process is based on the assumption that:

1) you put
fax-no: 12345
directly in the document you are writing

2) the application/postscript driver you use will keep that info in one
line, and a script on the samba side will parse the file to extract the
fax-no (the script knows it has to look for a string "fax-no: ....").

It didn't work for me. I use wordperfect and the above line was
completely divided in many postscript lines.

--
giulioo@pobox.com