Re: [hylafax-users] SV: FaxDeleteModem?????

On Wednesday, September 27, 2000, at 6:16:42 PM, Tanner, Robby wrote:
> I tried that.  When I rebooted Hylafax was still trying to sent the
> documents out ttyS2.

You still have jobs queued for that modem.  Let the other modems flush
out, and them empty out /var/spool/fax/sendq -- except for the seqf
file; you don't want to blow your sequence numbers.

> While I'm at it.  What is a "fuser"?  When I ran probemodem, it said my
> system doesn't have one so that hyla would be unable to insure the
> availability of the modem on ttyS1.  Can I install "fuser"?  Where do I get
> it?

fuser is a program that can kill off all processes which have a file
or device open.  It's included in a package (for RH users) that not
every one seems to install; this exact topic is going on on the
developer list right now.

This seems like a good time to remind everyone.

HEY, EVERYONE!

There's a BugZilla for HylaFAX now; you can post bugs, feature
requests, and enhancement ideas there.

It's at bugs.hylafax.com.  Go check it out.  It's cool.

Cheers,
-- jra