Re: [hylafax-users] problems with finding the tiff lib

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:34:53 +0200, you wrote:

>the tiff lib is installed in /usr/lib and /usr/include and
>ldconfig finds it. but the configure script of hylfax doesn't. it
>just tells me that it either can't find it or that there are
>compilation errors when running the test program.

>anyway, i don't find a way how to a) cleanly tell the configure
>script to look in /usr/lib and /usr/include instaed of
>/usr/local and b) how to tell him that there IS libtiff and
>ldconfig finds it and everything is ok and that i can proceed

You should tell us os and HylaFAX versions.

HylaFAX may have some problems detecting the libtiff version or
compiling the test program without help.

For instance, to get it right on a caldera1.x box I have to use
--with-LIBTIFF="-ltiff -ljpeg -lz -lm"

So, knowing your os will help.
If you are desperate just edit "configure" to skip the tiff test :-)

Anyway, the test program is this

==
#include "tiffio.h"
main()
{
    printf( "header_ver=%d lib_ver=%s", TIFFLIB_VERSION,
TIFFGetVersion() );
    exit(0);
}
===

Can you compile it succesfully by hand? Which -llibs you have to use?

--
giulioo@pobox.com