Re: [hylafax-users] Re : Question about hylafax

On Thursday, September 21, 2000, at 9:47:45 PM, Terence Lau wrote:
> Does hylafax support dialogic or other fax cards ?

At the moment, no.  The only thing faxgetty and faxsend know how to
deal with is a device which presents an "AT-command-set over serial
port" interface.  There is some work going on to produce a compatible
card and driver to terminate T-1/E-1/(I think)PRI spans; target date
1Q01.  The people involved have promised to get back to me when their
AT command set emulator design hits the table, to see what features
would be useful to include to support HylaFAX.

> Actually, we would like to build fax-to-email and email-to-fax
> gateway system. How can we link with IVRS for internet fax ?

You've managed to come up with an acronym I can't parse.  :-)

The gatewaying stuff is actually mostly already done... except that
incoming faxes are sometimes hard to sort since the only available
sorting choices are CNID and TSI -- no one's yet done a good (free :-)
OCR package to pick address out of the image files...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet