Re: [hylafax-users] some error logs

Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com> writes:

> Got it figured out... it *was* my config file causing the "MODEM Command
> error" messages.  Specifically, it was the Class2BUGCmd.
>
> I had this in my config file:
>
> Class2BUGCmd:           ""        # string, command to enable HDLC...
>
> But HylaFAX was sending:
>
> Sep 18 13:39:18.31: [28153]: <-- [9:AT+FBU=1\r]
> Sep 18 13:39:18.45: [28153]: --> [5:ERROR]
> Sep 18 13:39:18.45: [28153]: MODEM Command error
>
> I don't have a problem if I have:
>
> Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=0        # string, command to enable HDLC...
>
> "AT+FBU=1" is the default setting, but I thought that my Class2BUGCmd line
> in the config file was telling it that no HDLC frame tracing was supported.
>
> >From config(5F):
>
> Class2BUGCmd
> The command to use to enable the tracing of HDLC frames sent and received
> by the modem. This tracing information should be returned to the host in
> ``+FHR:'' and ``+FHT:'' status strings. Note that many Class 2 modems do
> not support this facility.
>
> How I understand this is that whatever Class2BUGCmd is set to is what
> HylaFAX will interpret as the proper command to *enable* HDLC frame
> tracing.  So, if I have "AT+FBU=1" HylaFAX interprets this as the command
> to enable HDLC frame tracing, *or* if I have "AT+FBU=0" HylaFAX will
> interpret *that* as the command to *enable* HDLC frame tracing.
>
> Although having 'Class2BUGCmd: AT+FBU=0' prevents HylaFAX from creating a
> 'MODEM Command error', isn't this still telling HylaFAX that HDLC frame
> tracing *is* supported by way of the "AT+FBU=0" command?
>
> Why doesn't 'Class2BUGCmd: ""' work the way that my silly mind is thinking?

Because Hylafax is written not very accurately :-) Empty string ("") is an
internal value, indicating that the string parameter is not present in
the config and the default value should be used. If you really want to
suppress Class2BUGCmd or something similar, use

Class2BUGCmd:   "AT"

as a temporary workaround.

Maybe we also should change Class2BUGCmd default to ""?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry