Re: [hylafax-users] problem with a modem USR 56K

Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com> writes:

> >but when i try to sende a fax, it's no possible, CARRIER NO DETECTED.
>
> Could you send the HylaFAX log (not just the syslog).  What version of
> HylaFAX are you using?
>
> ># Configuration for using the Class 1 command interface with
>
> Now Dmitry is going to disagree with me on this, but I use my USR modems in
> Class 2.0 without any significant amount of problems,

... until you run onto the problematic fax machine (e.g. with metric
resolition system, which I think is rare enough in the USA).

> although if you're
> doing a lot of spam-faxing then it's probably not a good choice, but for me
> in a relatively small fax environment I actually prefer it to my Rockwell
> modems.  Have you tried Class 2.0?

Why don't you like Class1? :-) Have you ever tried it?

OK, wait a bit until somebody (maybe even me :-)) writes Class1 ECM
implementation for Hylafax. Then you'll forget about Class2/2.0 forever
:-))

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry