Re: [hylafax-users] faxaddmodem

At 05:02 AM 9/14/00 -0400, Burness,Phil wrote:
>while running faxaddmodem cua1 I get the following message:
>/bin/stty: Standard input unable to perform all requested operations

I can't remember the time when I didn't get this message.

>Faxaddmodem continues and I get responses from the modem but faxaddmodem
>does not store any of my responses in the config.cua1 file. It does however
>create a config.cua1 file with all the default options in it.
>
>I am using -
>Redhat 6.1
>Hylafax-4.0pl2-2.i386.rpm
>stty (GNU sh-utils)2.0
>USR 56K Professional message modem

I didn't know that RedHat used cua1.  I thought that RedHat referred to
serial ports as /dev/ttySx where x is a number.

>Any help in getting hylafax running on this machine is greatly appreciated.

Well, here's some more help: don't use 4.0pl2.  Look here and follow this:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.2

>Phil

Lee.