[hylafax-users] Help Required

Hi Friends,

Can someone help me.For one week I tried installting hylafax in linux, but in vain.

I have got hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh4.i386.rpm

First Doubt : Is it the correct stable binary for hylafax for linux.

When I try to Install it

rpm -ivh hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh4.i386.rpm

It says :

error: failed dependencies:
        ghostscript-fonts-std >= 5.02 is needed by hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh4
        tiff >= 3.4 is needed by hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh4

Second Doubt :

 I have downloaded tiff-v3.4-tar.gz and extracted files but that doesn't work.
 It still say         tiff >= 3.4 is needed by hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh4

Can some one tell be active download urls of the above required RPMS
please give the urls of rpm and not .tar and gz.
(If possible, I would like to avoid more complications)

Third Doubt :

error: failed dependencies:
        ghostscript-fonts-std >= 5.02 is needed by hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh4
In Linux R.H. 6.2 We have the following ghostscript version

rpm -q ghostscript

ghostscript-5.50-1

Now I have ghostscript-fonts-std-5.10-7.noarch.rpm, If I try that it gives error stating Incompatible version.

So now I have to look for ghostscript-fonts-std >= 5.50-1

Fourth Doubt :

In the process of installation, I found the hylafax demon was not using port 4559 by default. My windows hylafax client WHFC gave an error connection refused.

When I used the following command

/usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i 4559 -o 4557 -s 444

It asked for "username and password" in the windows 95 clients

Can some one tell me this is which username and which password

Fifth Doubt:

After the Installtion whenever I give faxq or any fax related command it gives
core dumped (Segmentation)

Why does this happen ?

Sixth Doubt :

It creates all its file and subdirectories in /var/spool/fax/

Is it correct ?

Last Doubt:

Has some one in this world have installed hylafax from the above .rpm, If yes, please be kind enough to tell me how did you do that.

I'am really tired after one week of unsucessfull installtion process.

This is just to confirm "3 com USR Robotics modem" is of Class 2

I would be really thankfull, if some one could help me out in installing hylafax server.

regards

Fredy