Re: [hylafax-users] E-mail to fax & fax to e-mail

>The current version of sendmail, assuming you use the MC configuration
>stuff, which is admittedly somewhat difficult to do in a RedHat
>environment, shouldn't require any hacking at all: you just say
>MAILER(fax), no?

I don't really know how hard it is to do.  It may be really easy.  The
basis for me not wanting to mangle sendmail is not based on difficulty.  I
prefer procmail because it's already present and functioning on my systems.

>Did I miss something, Lee, or isn't RelayFax a component of a
>commercial package?  It's nice to have that for pedagogical purposes,
>but if the usage depends on a piece of a $$ product...  ?

RelayFax is a commercial package; I'll add that heads-up to the HOW-TO.  I
paid for it.  Although I like it, I'm not recommending that anyone else use
it at all.  Boris was asking if anyone had done a fax gateway with qmail,
and I suggested that procmail would work in this situation.  I wasn't
recommending that he use RelayFax, but rather procmail.  My RelayFax use is
only a demonstration of what can be done with procmail.  And since Boris
complained that my locally-hosted HylaFAX-RelayFax pages were down (which
describe RelayFax setup) I sent that.  I'm not a RelayFax salesperson, so I
don't know what the pricing is, and I don't remember what I paid.

My dissatisfaction with RelayFax server motivated me to find HylaFAX,
otherwise I'd probably be using a Java mail-to-fax client.  Reproducing the
RelayFax client wouldn't be very hard at all as a form-mailing HTML page.
If someone wants to do it...  With a bit of work it wouldn't be hard to
create address books, status reporting, and other such features.

Lee.