Re: [hylafax-users] FW: Fax to mail, w/dedicated user lines ?

That would be me .... the code is available to anyone
who wants it, but so far I've only heard from one
other person who might have the hardware to go with it.

The hard part is getting the DID number (or DNIS number
in the T-1/E-1 world) into faxgetty.  We have a 3Com
Total Control rack with a T-1/E-1 card - it groks DNIS,
and appends the dialed number to the 'RING' message, and
the modified faxgetty parses it out.

The rest of the process is pretty simple - look up the
number, dispatch the fax.  I've added a bit of polish,
such as a hash-table based lookup, and setting the
CSI based on the dialed number

It looks like it should be simple enough to add analog
DID support - most modems support '%T' for parsing DTMF.
I don't have an analog DID to test this theory, however.

Interest in this feature seems to have escalated over the
past few months, and I've exchanged a few e-mails with
some other folks interested in adding this.  No progress
yet, and of course at the moment I'm caught up in one of
those all-too-familiar deadline crunches at work, so
any near-term progress won't be my fault.

Anyway, that's what I know about DID support in
Hylafax - if anyone wants the code, let me know.

Alan Wagner-Krankel