Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax help

On Thursday, August 24, 2000, at 11:05:30 AM, Jim Neff wrote:
>> -Running the Win95 client: where on the server do I add
>> client username and passwords?

> You might have to ask one of the HylaFAX gurus about security, but as far as
> I know there are no passwords for hylafax.  It only verifies that your
> address has been entered into the hylafax/etc/hosts file.  Again, I might be
> wrong on this so double check the docs.

Actually, that file is *much* more flexible than most people suspect,
Jim... >:-)

> Where you enter the username and passwords depends on which client you are
> using I know with WHFC under the Server options there are fields for the
> server address and username.  Double check your particular clients docs.

I believe he's asking because of the customary behavior when the
client's IP address is *not* in the hosts file, which is to ask for a
password.  In most small office installations, that prompt is somewhat
misleading...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff