[hylafax-users] [SOLVED] RE: factors in bad scan lines

Thanks all for the pointers.  I did check the Copy Quality
Checking/Correcting settings that Dmitry metioned in his mail that Bernd
passed along.  AT+FCQ=? isn't broken on these modems (also now testing on a
Best Data 2834VF) as it is on the USRs, so it does report that it has no
copy quality checking option (only 0 is reported), however, I did hard-code
it via !(0),(0) anyway with no noticable improvement.  I looked into the
S-command registers as suggested by Jay, but honestly felt overwhelmed
(like, isn't everything in an s-register somewhere?).

So I got looking around into others' config files and noticed something,
and although I made some changes such as AT&K4 to AT&K6 and AT&K3 to AT&K6
also, I think that the bottom line ended up being the change of:

ModemRecvFillOrder:	LSB2MSB
ModemRecvFillOrder:	MSB2LSB

in the config file.  I never would have caught that on my own.  So, I guess
that my question is, how are you supposed to know the proper settings for:

ModemSendFillOrder
ModemRecvFillOrder
ModemFrameFillOrder

as I've never seen them listed in any manual?

Thanks.

Argh, time for bed.

Lee.