Re: [hylafax-users] mail--> fax

As a rejoinder, may I ask what would happen when I run a Fax Gateway with
Hylafax but my server does smarthost delivery. Would the upstream server
be able to handle it?

Wash

Thus spake Jay R. Ashworth (jra@baylink.com):

> On Monday, August 14, 2000, at 5:17:06 AM, Victor M. Moreno wrote:
> > mailto:fax@fax.mydomain.com
> > fax-number@fax.mydomain.com
>
> I believe the syntax is  name@number.fax
>
> Obviously, this won't help people for whom the configured sendmail is
> not their smart host, but that's supposed to be a feature, rather than
> a bug.  You're the second person this week who wanted it to be a full
> domain name, rather than a pseudo... I'm not a good enough sendmail
> hacker to know what and where to rewrite to make the first sort of
> address possible... but I know it is, because, come to think of it,
> that's how The Phone Company does it.
>
> Perhaps the appropriate sendmail rewrite rules, if that's how they did
> that, can be extracted from the 'cell'-package for sites like yours.
> Other security would, of course, become necessary.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@baylink.com
> Member of the Technical Staff
> The Suncoast Freenet
> Tampa Bay, Florida     http://baylink.pitas.com                +1 727 804 5015

Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator
Inter-Connect Ltd.
5th Flr Furaha Plaza
Nkrumah Rd
PO Box 83613 Mombasa
Tel: 254 11 222604
Fax: 254 11 222636

Life, like beer, is merely borrowed. -Don Reed