Re: [hylafax-users] multitech MT5600ZDXE/hylafax 4.0pl2

I don't know about the MT5600ZDXE, but when we changed from the
MT2834Z to the MT5634Z I had to change the lines:-

ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&E4           # hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&E5           # software flow control

ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3           # hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&K4           # software flow control

Otherwise sometimes the modem would refuse to dial (and we don't have
a '@' at the end of the dialstring).

Damian

"Jay R. Ashworth" wrote:

> On Saturday, August 12, 2000, at 10:30:41 AM, darrellb wrote:
> >> we're happily using 4.0p12 with 2 * multitech MT2834ZDXK
> >> modems...however these are no longer available.
>
> > the replacement model seems to be the MT5600ZDXE...however this doesn't
> > work with the configuration files that come with 4.0p12...given that all
> > else is working just fine, I really dont want to upgrade the whole
> > system just to change modems, so I was wondering if anyone out there had
> > a configuration that works wiht the newer multitech modem, but on the
> > older verison of hylafax that we're using?
>
> We're using the 56000zdx's quite happily, with the shipped Multitech
> config file.  The trick is to remove the @ at the end of the
> dialstring.  The firmware in that modem doesn't seem to recognize that
> trick.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --