Re: [hylafax-users] egetty

Thank you guys. But guess what? The Hylafax in FreeBSD 4.1 is the
Hylafax-4.1Beta2. I have tried to build versions higher than this but they
all fail at some point with libtiff version message.
Last time a good fellow suggested to me that I use Linux instead of
FreeBSD (:-) which I do not detest, only I have lived with FreeBSD a
little longer and at some point I am more at home with running it than
linux. But I believe there MUST be a guy out there running Hylafax on
FreeBSD!!!
What it it that he did to jump over this libtiff issue. I am so psyched at
setting up a cell I had to INSTALL a whole new system just to see if I can
go over this libtiff issue...but alas!!

There must be amongst you a FreeBSD guru who can sort me out on this. I
will give him access to my Computer if that is what is needed to have me
run a non-BETA version, and Hylafax for that matter. I know the security
implications but I hope he'll not be malicious ;-) but I care less, we can
share the machine with him anyway..it is just a research station.

Is it that I am just a bit daft as not to fix this libtiff issue or what
is it?

Thank you guys... and welcome to our Beaches -- we have very cool beaches
and bitches to go with it....<LOL> MOMBASA -KENYA...think of it..a holiday
here with accommodation taken care of by me if you help me out???

Wash
## Here is the error message

With:
TIFFINC=/usr/local/include
LIBTIFF=-L/usr/local/lib -ltiff
The above program checks the version of the TIFF library to ensure it
is suitable for use with HylaFAX.  HylaFAX v4.0pl2 requires a recent
TIFF software distribution; one distributed March 7, 1996 or later.  If
you do not have up to date TIFF software on your system then you can
retrieve it from the location where you obtained this software.
Otherwise, if you have the right software, verify that you have the
TIFFINC and LIBTIFF configuration parameters set correctly for your
system (see above) and that any environment variables are setup that
are needed to locate a libtiff DSO at runtime (e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
Also be sure that any relative pathnames are made relative to the top
of the build area.
Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.
####

Someone must have seen this like me!!

Thus spake Dmitry Bely (dbely@mail.ru):

> Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke> writes:
>
> > This time I installed Hylafax as a port with FreeBSD 4.1 I thought this is
> > too good to be true - everything else made easy after my first experience
> > when Hylfax refused to build for me on 3.5 and 4.0 FreeBSD (I guess there
> > is a little clue you guys out there did not give me <hehehe>.
> >
> > Now I am psyched to have it go but the moment I run 'faxsetup' it tells me
> > that egetty is nowhere in my systems (seems so, anyway because I cannot
> > find it myself) and that I have to build Hylafax from the source (I dread
> > this after what I've just told you...) but I'd rather get egetty another
> > way....
>
> egetty is a script that *you* can create for deducing type of incoming
> call via external script. But unfortunety egetty support in Hylafax is
> broken for ages (at least under Linux), so it likely won't work under
> FreeBSD also.
>
> > ANy hElP iN geTTinG EGETTY into this box???
>
> WhY dO YoU nEEd iT? :-))
>
> Hope to hear from you soon,
> Dmitry

Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator
Inter-Connect Ltd.
5th Flr Furaha Plaza
Nkrumah Rd
PO Box 83613 Mombasa
Tel: 254 11 222604
Fax: 254 11 222636

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
(contributed by Frank v Waveren)