[hylafax-users] How/Where do you control the setup of a printer for the printing of faxes?

I have for the first time been trying to setup Hylafax under linux for
in-bound faxes and have run into some difficulty at trying to determine the
best way to setup the printer so that the faxes print correctly.

I am using a Laserjet 5simx and would like the fax print job to be formatted
and declared for the correct paper size and to go to a alternate output bin
as default behavior.  Unix printing is new to me and I can't seem to find
much help on the best place to introduce the control sequences to ensure the
job goes in correctly.

A weirdness that i am running into is that fax jobs sent to 5simx (4 paper
trays)  will print 11X17 paper by default and not letter nor legal.  If I
pop all of the trays except for letter, the fax prints on letter just fine.
I have confirmed that the Tiff thinks its a north american letter.

I know that Solaris and Hp-UX are blessed with Jet admin which addresses
most of this issue and I have their shell scripts (HP calls them
modelscripts) for my printer for doing the setup, but its not documented and
unclear as to the best way to use the script to do the setup under Linux.

I would appreciate any insight in how to make faxes print out just the way i
want them (output trays, papersize, paper trays, resolution, duplexing, etc)

Mike