Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax & unwanted http connections

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, [iso-8859-1] eric cuny wrote:

> hello
> i hope i'm not going to disturb to many people with
> this question :
> i'm running hylafax on a debian frozen potato and i
> was very happy with it until i add an isdn connection
> to that machine.
> now each time that someone try to get information from
> WHFC from the server the dialing of the isdn
> connection rise and i'd like someone to tell me how to
> avoid this phenomenon.

hmm, do you have a local nameserver running?
if not try it, maybe the clients want to look up the hostname of the
faxerver and the request goes to the nameserver (wich, if you dont have
one of your own) will be on the other end of that dialup

or simply use the ip adress instead of the name on your clients

> thanks in advance
>
> =====

Arne Hueggenberg <hueggenberg@ID-PRO.de> (Products & Development)
* ID-PRO Deutschland GmbH Arnsberg * Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg
* Tel. +49 (0) 29 32-9 16-0 * Fax -230
* http://open-for-the-better.com