Re: [hylafax-users] check modem power

On Monday, July 24, 2000, at 9:41:37 AM, David Coles wrote:
> I'm running hylafax on IRIX 6.5.x on a Challenge S/O2/Indy and using
> Multi-Tech MT1932ZDXK modems on an SGI (Central-Data) EL16 ethernet
> terminal server.

> Either there is some subtle bug in either the terminal server driver or
> hylafax which is only shown up when they are used together. Which one is
> it? How can I find out? The error occurs after hylafax has sent the
> dial-string - no response is received, the modem just appears to go dead.
> Is there the possibility of some race-condition/timeout? Why doesn't efax
> exhibit the same problem?

Which class are you running the modem in?  Does it do this on more
than one port of the terminal server?  Post a commlog for us, and
let's take a closer look.

Oh, and how, exactly, does that terminal driver work?  (read: do you
know about modemu, and are you willing to try it? :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet