Re: [hylafax-users] Cannot build data connection: Connection refused

Hi,
as hfaxd uses the ftp-protocol with modified/extended commandset,
you will never be able to get a directory-listing using telnet.
telnet does not support the way the data is transfered back from the
Hylafax-server to your telnet session.
Telnet always expects all data on one tcp/ip-connection.
But ftp uses two different connections,
one for control/commands ( the one you can connet to with telnet)
and another for data, which is dynamically opend and closed for
every command giving more data back then the standard statusline.
in clear words:

the resulting:
Cannot build data connection: Connection refused
is completly normal if you connect with telnet.
use a ftp-client which supports command-execution on
the ftp-server, and you will be able to list files,
to uplode files and even to submit jobs.
have a nice day
Christoph