[hylafax-users] Sent fax missing lines

Hello List,  I am in a bind and hope that someone may be able to help.

I have been running a Hylafax server in our organization for several months
now and it has been working VERY well.  I am,however, having some trouble
with sending faxes from one of the two modems.  The primary modem is a
PPI-PM144MT II and it have been working flawlessly as a Class 1 faxmodem.
The second is a MultiTech Systems MT3334ZDXB0 (configured as Class 2) and
this is the one that I am having trouble with.  I can receive faxes just
fine with it,  however when I send a fax the receiving site only gets peices
of the fax.  Example:
If I send a full page fax, the receiving end will get a half page with lines
either chopped off, or overlapping.  I have configured this modem both Class
1 and Class 2, and get same results on both confugurations.  I'm sure its a
timing problem somewhere but I don't know enough about the faxing protocols
to know what to look for in the configurations.  Log file doesnt seem to
tell me a whole lot because there are no errors.

I have included system, modem, and config info below.  If anyone has any
ideas it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!
Jason

------------
Linux Version 2.2.13-7mdk (Linux Mandrake 6.1)
One 450MHz Intel Pentium III Processor, 127M RAM

------------
LT 33.6 MT3334ZDX Serial Data/Fax Modem Version 1.05B
Standard Release
North America
(.$HSM0100\\MODEM\TIA0602,TIA0578\MultiTech Systems MT3334ZDXB0)

-----------
#
CountryCode:            1
AreaCode:               717
FAXNumber:              0000000
LongDistancePrefix:     1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0640
LogFileMode:            0640
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      2
SpeakerVolume:          quiet
GettyArgs:              "-h %l %s"
LocalIdentifier:        "Hiestand Supply Co."
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:           50
MaxSendPages:           50
MaxTries:               5
MaxDials:               12
MaxSetupAttempts:       5

#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:              Class2          # use this to supply a hint
ModemRate:              19200           # rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # Hardware flow control requested
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D2           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD follows carrier
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1+FCLASS=0
ModemWaitForConnect:    yes
#
GettyArgs:              "-h %l %s"      # modem must auto-detect fax/data
#
# We normally append the "@" symbol to the dial string so that
# the modem will wait 5 seconds before attempting to connect
# and return result codes that distinguish between no carrier
# and no answer.  This makes it possible to avoid problems with
# repeatedly dialing a number that doesn't have a fax machine
# (kudos to Stuart Lynne for this trick.)
#
# NB: If you need to prefix phone numbers to get through a PBX,
#     put it in the ModemDialCmd; e.g. "DT9%s@".
#
ModemDialCmd:           ATDT%s          # T for tone dialing, @ for silence
#
# Other possible configuration stuff.  The default strings are
# shown below.  Only those that are different from the defaults
# need to be included in the configuration file.
#
ModemResetCmds:         ""              # stuff to do when modem is reset
ModemAnswerCmd:         ATA             # use this to answer phone
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&K            # disable flow control cmd
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3           # hardware flow control cmd
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&K4           # software flow control cmd
ModemNoAutoAnswerCmd:   ATS0=0          # disable auto-answer
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:      "ATM0 ATL0M1 ATL1M1 ATL2M1 ATL3M1"
ModemEchoOffCmd:        ATE0            # disable command echo
ModemVerboseResultsCmd: ATV1            # enable verbose command results
ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0            # enable result codes
ModemOnHookCmd:         ATH0            # place phone on hook (hangup)
ModemSoftResetCmd:      ATZ             # do soft reset of modem
ModemWaitTimeCmd:       ATS7=60         # wait 60 seconds for carrier
ModemCommaPauseTimeCmd: ATS8=2          # comma pause time is 2 seconds
ModemRecvFillOrder:     MSB2LSB         # bit order of received facsimile
ModemSendFillOrder:     LSB2MSB         # bit order modem expects for
transmit
#
#CLASS 2 COMMANDS
#
Class2Cmd:      AT+FCLASS=2     #Cmd to enter class 2
Class2BORCmd:   AT+FBOR=0       #bit order for phase B/C/D (direct)
Class2RELCmd:   AT+FREL=1       #byte-align EOL codes or recv
Class2CQCmd:    ""              #Command to enable copy quality
#
Class2AbortCmd:         AT+FK           #Abort session command
Class2CQQueryCmd:       AT+FCQ=?        #Query copy quality
Class2DCCQueryCmd:      AT+FDCC=?       #query modem capabilities
Class2TBCCmd:   AT+FTBC=0       #setup stream mode
Class2CRCmd:    AT+FCR=1        #enable receive
Class2PHCTOCmd: AT+FPHCTO=30    #Set phase C timeout
Class2BUGCmd:   AT+FBUG=1       #enable HDLC frame tracing
Class2LIDCmd:   AT+FLID         #Set local identifier
Class2DCCCmd:   AT+FDCC         #Set modem capabilities command
Class2DISCmd:   AT+FDIS         #Set session parameters command
Class2DDISCmd:  ""              #Disable predial DIS commandhack
Class2CIGCmd:   AT+FCIG         #Set polling identifier command
Class2PTSCmd:   AT+FPTS         #set post-page status command
Class2SPLCmd:   AT+FSPL         #Set polling indicator command
#
Class2RecvDataTrigger:  "\022"  #Char sent to modem to start recv
Class2XmitWaitForXON:   yes     #if yes wait for xon before send
#