[hylafax-users] Re: Problems with every Rockwell chipset modem tried... only usr work

I'm using HylaFAX 4.1beta1 and 4.1beta2-5 and RedHat 6.1 on two different
machines.  One system is using a Rockwell chipset 14.4 internal modem and
the other is using a USR/3Com 56K PCI modem.  Both are working well, the
Rockwell running in Class 2 and the USR in Class 2.0 using RTSCTS.

The Rockwell is configured with one of the default config files.  The USR,
on the other hand, took quite a bit of config work to get going, but now it
works fine.  The Rockwell seems bothered more than the USR is by line
noise, so the faxes through the USR don't have as many occasional corrupted
lines on them.

So, I think your assumptions regarding the functionality of HylaFAX, RedHat
6.1, and the Rockwell or USR modems are incorrect.

Lee Howard